We normally make passive forms of a verb by using tenses of the auxiliary be followed by the past participle ( -pp) of the verb. Here is a list of all the passive forms of an ordinary English verb.
Simple future — will be + pp – eg. You will be told soon enough.
Simple present – am/is/are + pp – eg. English is spoken here
Present progressive – am/is/are being +pp – eg. The house is being painted
Present perfect – have/has been +pp – eg. Has Mary been told?
Simple past – was/were + pp – eg. I was invited, but I went.
Past progressive – was/were being +pp – eg. I felt as if I was being watched
Past perfect – had been + pp – eg. I knew why I had been chosen
Model verbs – can/must/may/have to.. +be + pp – eg . The work must be done
Choose the correctly formulated Passive constructions.
- This easy work can be done without anybody‟s help.
- We found the room exactly as it had been left the night before.
- Tobacco introduced to France by Jean Nicot.
- This modular computer has used by our researchers.
- Gayane was first staged on December 3, 1942 in Perm during World War II.
- The first chewing-gum was made by Thomas Adams.
- Have these benches painted recently?
- The students being examined by the professor at that time.
- The vase made of crystal was broken to pieces.
- Lincoln was shot in the head by John Wilkes Booth, an actor.
- Marie Tussaud created her first wax figure (of Voltaire) in 1777.
- Before him lay a splendid garden, full of blossom and scent.
- I have been misunderstood – no intention to hurt you.
- Is that big hat made of straw?
- Many of Van Gogh‟s best works were created in 1889, in an asylum.
- He will have published several poems by the end of the year.
- What holidays are celebrated in your country in autumn and winter?
- G. Washington is known to all Americans as “The Father of the Nation”.
- The dynamite had invented by Alfred Nobel.
- Charlie Chaplin is considered one of the most famous stars of the early days of
- Will the scientific seminar be held in two days?
- The scientists have been making these experiments for the last few years.
- Nobel preferred that people didn‟t remember him as the inventor of dynamite.
- The patent matter was still being discussed.
- The Smiths weren‟t invited to that meeting.
- Search and find the most unusual, unique hotel in the world and write interesting information about it.
Ever wanted to spend the night in the cockpit of a real, converted jumbo jet – on the ground? Here’s your chance. The plane is a used out jumbo jet model 747-212B from 1976, which was originally built for Singapore Airlines and later served with legendary Pan Am. It has been awarded a brand new, modern interior decoration, offering guests a memorable overnight experience. It’s an exciting budget hotel for aviation enthusiasts and families with children but also caters to business people since it’s located at the entrance to Arlanda airport.
- The project – My top three travel tips ( tell and record yourself or write)
- I love traveling in the sword and traveling with my loved ones. I would advise you to travel as far as possible because we can learn or see something interesting from every country. I would advise you to be careful about your personal belongings. Always be careful. And when you visit a country, buy a souvenir from there so that when you see the souvenir, remember your journey.